FACEBOOK PAGES......CAMP STORIES......ALUMNI "GOOGLE" MAP......SONGS, CHANTS & CHEERS......MEMORABILIA......TRIVIA......"I REMEMBER..."...CAMP HISTORY......

Saturday, July 12, 2008

REUNION 2008 RECAP

We had a great time at Camp !!!

Here's some video of Mendy shmoozing with
David Zellman + Warren Rubenstein:





Here's some of the pictures we took...


(click HERE to see larger-sized pix in the Reunion Album)

Thanks go to the following Alumni, who sent in their Reunion pictures: Brad Perlow, David Zellman, Shelley Brauner, Lonny Siegel, Alan Fromm and Alan Wald. Whoever has Reunion pix they'd like to post, please send them to me

Here's what we had to say about the day:

- I think everyone had a great time seeing old friends. I know I did.

- The reunion was so amazing! I don't really have words to describe the feelings that I still have.

- What a great time. I am still sorting out the memories... and they are just getting better ! I am looking forward to the next gathering.

- WOW ! Very sentimental day ! It was so great to see everyone - talk and laugh... remembering things I have not thought about in years. Best of all - we all went back in time and laughed about wonderful times we had in the seventies !!!
- For a few hours we were able to step back in time and walk the hallowed ground of Camp with our friends and memories of the past. It was a special day.

- Great day. Great people. Great memories. Seeing everybody reminds me how special our summers together were. It was really wonderful seeing all. This should not be the last time we all get together. We should all continue to enjoy the good times.

- Who would have thought that so many people would travel from all parts of the country to share their memories and love for one another? Although it was 35 years, it almost seemed like yesterday.

- What a FANTASTIC day this has been... seeing everyone again brought back a flood of fond memories, and it was absolutely wonderful connecting with everyone again! Let's try not to let another 35 years go by till we all get together like this again! I honestly don't think I am going to be able to sleep tonight... I am going to be playing back in my head all the pictures I collected today...THANK YOU ALL for helping to make this day such a special one that I will cherish always! I can't believe how much fun it was, and how the memories just came flooding back... I think the best part of the day was being able to see - and touch - the people that we were so close with and still feel that connection that time could not sever. The people I reconnected with are still the same people I loved at 14, 15 and 16.

- What a great day!!! I can't even believe that it actually happened. It was just wonderful seeing everyone after such a long time. Seeing Mendy and Pauline was just the topping on the cake. Being at Camp just brought back many, many fabulous memories.

- The reunion was great. We all share a common bond of fond memories and affection for Camp. It was a fantastic feeling being on the campgrounds again.

- I feel truly blessed to have reconnected with all these wonderful memories and people. It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again.

- I had a blast at the reunion. Seeing such great friends and catching up as if mere days instead of decades have gone by, was heartwarming.

- My first intense moment was seeing the sign to "Flatbrookville". When I drove into the parking lot I thought of how I stood there every Visiting Day waiting for my parents to arrive. Mendy and Pauline made the day complete. Spending the day with all of you was truly worth everything. What a great day.

- What a wonderful day it was. I so enjoyed seeing everyone and it was almost surreal to actually be on the campgrounds. As I know all of you feel, the years we spent at Camp were something special. It really was a beautiful place to spend our summers growing up. At least for a few hours on Sunday it felt like time stood still. I hope we will see each other again soon.

- It's two days later and I'm still smiling! What a wonderful day! From the second I arrived, it smelled exactly as I remembered it. I knew I was home again. How wonderful it was seeing old friends from summers that I will never forget. Hearing Richie Mandor's voice... I closed my eyes and it was 1971 again. As the sun was setting I didn't want to leave... I was ready for evening activity and a trip to the Canteen in the Social Hall. It was a day I will cherish forever.

- What an amazing day!!! Very emotional. I LOVED seeing everyone. I agree with all of you... It brought back such wonderful memories of our youth.

- It was truly an amazing day, one I'll never forget. It was a magical experience for me. Thanks to everyone who shared their memories and their joy. I hope to see you all again soon.

- And from Mendy and Pauline: Everything was SUPERLATIVE!!! Not enough words in the dictionary to describe what a wonderful morning you gave Mendy and I. We didn't get home til 1 am and haven't stopped talking about how emotional and marvelous it was seeing everyone - a day to remember!!!

The REUNION Yearbook

(click on the picture to download a PDF of the Yearbook)


Here's who attended:

David Zellman, Paul Dubrowsky, Joyce Broser, Mindy Broser, June Swerdlin, Scott Swerdlin, Marsha Pressman, Peter Magelof, Marty Borell, Alan Wald, Susan Wald, Alan Fromm, Dale Fromm, Annie Berman, Bob Kolber, Mark Rubenstein, Warren Rubenstein, Howie Simms, Bruce Beyer, Bobby Ingerman, Caren Riback, Barbara Green, Mitch Nudelman, Eric Kunkes, Diane Resnick, Jonny Heller, Amy Goldwert, Sylvan Goldwert, Eric Gershon, Nanci Siegel, Geoff Schlackman, Brad Perlow, Randy Perlow, Alan Daly, Richie Mandor, Lori Slutsky, Jamie Greissman, Davey Greenberg, Mark Stuttman, Shelley Brauner, Nanette Simms, Joyce Plaut, Ronnie Gold, Karen Gold, Sheila Kuflick, Barbara Zellman, Laney Mehlman, Mindy Duboff, Mark Margulies, Margie Siegel, Ron Gardner, Lonny Siegel, Robert Plaut, Bob Fried, Lisa Ingerman and Linda Berman

(let me know if I forgot anyone)

22 comments:

Owner said...

Car is already packed! Can't wait to see you all in beautiful downtown Flatbrookville! Safe travels, everyone!

Owner said...

What a FANTASTIC day this has been...seeing everyone again brought back a flood of such fond memories, and it was absolutely wonderful connecting with everyone agaain! Special kudos to all who arranged this reunion, along with thanks and admiration. Let's try not to let another 35 years go by till we all get together like this again! I honestly don't think I am going to be able to sleep tonight...I am going to be playing back in my head all the pictures I collected today. THANK YOU ALL for helping to make this day such a special one that I will cherish always! (And if anyone picked up the pictures of me and Strumwasser, can you please let me know). Love you all! Al Fromm

Anonymous said...

What a great time. Thanks Randy, Marsha and Brad...and everyone else! I am still sorting out the memories :). And they are just getting better! I am looking forward to the next gathering.
Rboert (Bobby) Ingerman

Anonymous said...

WOW! Very sentimental day!
And ending up at WALPACK INN! Mendy's surprise appearence was amazing- It was so great to see everyone - talk and laugh!! Remembering things I have not thought about in years - the visit to the waterfront was great. Best of all - we all went back in time and laughed about wonderful times we have in the seventies!!
Thank you to Randy & Marsha for creating the opportunity for all of us to reunite!!!!

Anonymous said...

For a few hours we were able to step back in time and walk the hallowed ground of camp with our friends and memories of the past.
It was a special day which i am glad was made possible by some special people.
Seeing Mendy, my campers and friends, and taking the trail down to the waterfront will always be remembered.
What was a surprise was the upgraded facilities.

Anonymous said...

Great day,Great people.Great memories.Thank all who put this together.Driving thru Siberia was like the time tunnel.So many great memories and flash backs leaving and coming onto camp starting with my first year at camp no knowing what to expect.Never thought it would be as great as it was especially re connecting 35 years later.All the smiling faces when i drove up was the best.

Again it was GR8888888 and thank you

Anonymous said...

thanks to all that made this a great day filled with memories. It's been along time...Driving up the road,waiting to see the cars parked in the lower lot and all of you!!!
Thanks for the memories...

Anonymous said...

It looks like it was a great day! I'm so sorry that I couldn't get to Flatbrookville for the reunion.

Mark Stutman said...

We really enjoyed seeing everyone, my kids loved playing softball. Personally, I am so grateful to Camp Pocono Ramona and it brought back such beautiful memories being back at the site. I could go on and on...............thanks to everyone worked so hard to make the reunion a reality.

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a tremendous day it was on Sunday. To be back on the site of Camp Pokono-Ramona and to see so many faces that you haven't seen in 35 years, is an experience that I won't forget.

Catching up with people, seeing Mendy Vim, looking around and trying to remember where things were, and the walk down to the waterfront were memorable to say the least.

Who would have thought that so many people would travel from all parts of the country to share their memories and love for one another? Although it was 35 years, it almost seemed like yesterday.

Thanks so much for all of the efforts that Randy, Marsha and Brad and others put in to make this truly special event happen.

What a day to remember!

Anonymous said...

What a great day!!! I can't even believe that it actually happened. It was just wonderful seeing everyone after such a long time. Wow, seeing Mendy and Pauline was just the topping on the cake.Being at camp just brought back many, many fabulous memories... Even though none of the manmade stuctures were there, I loved sitting by the tree by the girl's ping pong table!! I can't thank Randy, Marsha or Brad enough for all of their hard work to make it happen. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

My first intense moment was seeing the sign to "Flatbrookville". When I drove into the parking lot I thoght of how I stood there every visiting day waiting for my parents to arrive (with all my candy,etc.), the totem pole and Harold Rosenthal's house! Mendy and Pauline made the day complete. Who would have thought they would really show up. The walk down to the waterfront didn't seem as treacjerous as what I had remembered from back in the day. As soon as I saw the big tree above the girl's ping pomg table, I felt a great sense of familiarity. Spending the day with all of you was truly worth everything. What a great day. Randy, you're the best!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all who organized and attended the reunion. I was looking forward to it for some time and was not disappointed. 35 years later and you are such a wonderful bunch. Most of the attendees were from bunks older than me but you were/are all so warm and friendly. My only regret is that none of my bunkmates were there...maybe at the next one...and bring your kids so I wouldn't have to be the only one taking abuse from my kids over how lame us "old" people are!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day it was. I so enjoyed seeing everyone and it was almost surreal to actually be on the camp grounds. As I know all of you feel, these camp years were something special. Walking down to the waterfront seemed so familiar to me even though I haven't walked that path since 1973. When I got home that night, I looked at some of the pictures of the camp as it was. It really was a beautiful place to spend the summers growing up. Imagine if it hadn't closed. Our kids could have been going there. Oh well. At least for a few hours on Sunday it felt like time had stood still.

Thank you SO much Randy, Marsha, Brad and all who made this possible. I hope we will see eachother again soon.

Anonymous said...

It's two days later and I'm still
smiling! What a wonderful day!
From the second I opened the car door, it smelled exactly as I remembered it..I knew I was home
again.
How wonderful it was seeing old friends from summers that I will never forget.
Mendy you looked great!
I slowly approached you and you didn't miss a beat.."Peter Magelof
you said...How are you?? It's like
we saw each other last week.
Hearing Richie Mandor's voice...
I closed my eyes and it was 1971
again..my counselor from bunk 11.
The laughs with Fromm, Beyer, Daly
and Perlow...you guys are the best!
As the sun was setting I didn't want to leave..I was ready for
evening activity and a trip to the
canteen in the social hall.
I took my video camera and walked
the grounds of my childhood...as
I looked through the lens, oh how
I wished the bunks, roundhouse,
dining room, baseball fields were
still there.
A tremendous thank you to Randy, look how many lives he touched.
It was a day I will cherish forever.
We should make it an annual event.
Let's do it again next year!

Susan Wald said...

Everyone from home wanted to know how my camp reunion was. How was it? It was unbelievable! I was so not disappointed!!From the minute there was talk of a reunion, I knew I'd be IN.

It was fabulous to see everyone--suddenly I was 15 again--a very surreal experience. And, still making new friends at camp! I'm so glad my brother and I caught Mendy and Pauline before they left, as they were part of our real family, as well as our camp family.

I always said those summers were the best and I'm still smiling remembering all of the good times and reconnecting with so many people.

Randy, you have especially committed your heart and soul to this project this year and performed a mitzvah. I am so grateful to you for finding some of my long-lost friends. Together with Marsha, Brad and others, the reunion was a total success.

This day will be an added memory to all those summers that made me so happy. I missed a few of you who couldn't make it--so we'll just have to make the effort to catch up.

Thanks to all of you for showing up! Let's stay in touch!
Hugs and kisses,
Susan

Anonymous said...

As we approached the entrance, I got that "feeling" of the first day of camp all over again. What a WONDERFUL day, just smiling and laughing with everyone.

Walking around the camp with a few others, visualizing the bunks, soical & dining halls, basket ball courts brought back great stories. But walking down the path to the river and standing at the waterfront did for me. Watching a canoe trip pass and looking to the right to see the flow of water from the Flatbrook; I felt like I never left the place.

Loved hanging out with old friends and even made a few new ones on Sunday. Thanks Randy, Marsha and Brad.

Scott Swerdlin

Unknown said...

What an amazing day!!! Very emotional. I LOVED seeing everyone......I think having the reunion at the camp made it a very special event.
I agree with all of you.....it brought back such wonderful memories of our youth.
Thank you to Randy, Marsha and everyone who helped get this together. You did a great mitzvah!!

Anonymous said...

It was truly an amazing day, one I'll never forget.

The waterfront was so beautiful. Standing down there with old campmates who are now all grown up but just as nice as I remember them being back then - it was a magical experience for me.

Thanks to everyone who shared their memories and their joy, and special thanks to Randy and the others who organized the reunion.

I hope to see you all again soon.

Be well and keep in touch.

Unknown said...

looking at the pictures, and reading everyone's comments. i have to say, i got a liitle misty..

MESS said...

I'm sorry I couldn't make it-It is great to see everyones faces...After all these years I can still see the "kid" in everyone-Little Mess

Joyce Broser said...

Was looking at the site & realized I never commented - never sent my pictures in either but they haven't been developed yet!! (I'm bad)- anyway, I had a great day - so much fun & so good to see so many faces from the past. Many, many thanks to Randy and Marsha for their hard work!!!